Tuesday 6 May 2014

Creating Claudia

Choosing a model to portray Claudia was difficult. I wanted Claudia and Quentin to look like a realistic couple who suited each other.

This is the outcome and final images. 






This is the face chart that I chose and worked off: 


As you can see there is a little difference in the eye makeup. Since the model had lovely large eyes, I decided to create a gradient with black eyeshadow on the eyelid from the outer corners towards the tearducts with more definition on the crease instead of the original matt black eye. I feel that doing that created more dimension and worked well with the model's eyelids.

Claudia's Hair

I had trouble designing Claudia's hair. I wanted to create something that would oppose the face makeup to create more of an impact. I also wanted to play around with the character of Claudia, and wanted to add a flirty aspect and keeping a youthful element whilst still being quite sexy and seductive. In the end, I decided to use a blonde wig, as the model had naturally brown short hair, this completely transformed the look. Although I thought that the wig had a unnatural colour, the quality of the hair was very natural and photographed well. With unnaturally blonde, almost silver hair styled in pig tails, I thought that it gave an impact. Although the face makeup is quite mature, the hair contradicts that and creates a feeling of dress up. In the brief, Claudia is said to have based her looks off of horror films, it is not unusual for her to wear a wig. Additionally, when I was researching female movie villains, it was common for a female villain to purposefully die their hair blonde before attacking their victim.

The wig that I used was a synthetic wig, however, it is heat style-able up to 220 degrees. The wig was originally straight, and previous to the photoshoot, I had used a large curling iron to style it, brushing it though making sure it was shiny and tangle-free. When applying the wig onto the model, I first french braided the hair and then applied the wig cap to hide the model's natural hair. I then parted the hair and styled into pigtails, wrapping a section of hair around the hair band to hide it.

Overall, I am very happy with the outcome, however, I wish that I could have photographed the two characters together. Unfortunately, it was impossible as the two photo shoots were done in two separate locations on different days. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I really like them! You did a very good job! :) Good luck with your evaluation!

    ReplyDelete