Tuesday 6 May 2014

Creating Quentin

I have always pictured Quentin as a very attractive male. As a result I looked for a male model who had dark hair and dark eyes with a very pale complexion. 

This is the result and final images. 






As you can see, the face makeup differs a little from the original face chart. 


As you may have noticed, I left out the outlines of the exposed teeth area, I feel that this gives a cleaner look and makes the face less busy as the model has very striking features already. The simple lines and shading on the mouth also look like the lips have been sown together. This could represent the metal abuse that Quentin has been receiving from Claudia, he is may be restricted from speech because Claudia only wants to hear what she wants to hear. 

I also created fingernail scratches on the chest area because I felt that I should show a little flash of physical abuse from Claudia. This was created with Kyolan's Supracolour palette. The finernail scratches also have a very seductive and sensual feel to it, adding to the 'bad boy' image that I have created.

Quentin's Hair

When I came to styling the hair, I was torn from a sleek slicked back hairdo or a messy greasy bed hair look. I chose to style the hair messily creating volume and lift, I first used a mini pair of straighteners to lift the hair away from the scalp creating lift and twisting the straighteners at the ends of the hair to create ways and to separate the hair. I then used hair mousse and gel to fix the hair into position. However, throughout the shoot, his hair will start to fall and flatten down and had to be touched up. I felt that this was caused by the sheer weight of the hair, to prevent this, I should have used stronger gel and hairspray to set the style into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment